The Manual Backup page is the major tabpage where everything starts. From this page, you can create a backup of the website manually for restoration or migration.
This tab page is made up of 3 sections, which is also the 3 steps you need to go through to make a manual backup.
Step 1: Choose backup location
Choose where you want to store the backup: Iocalhost or remote storage. You also have the option to add a comment to the backups for easier identification.
Step 2: Choose what to back up
In this step, you can select files, folders, and database tables that you want to back up, and exclude files/folders from the backup.
- Database: Exclude certain tables or include additional databases.
- Files & Folders Will Be Backed Up: choose the WordPress files/folders and additional files/folder you want to back up.
- Exclude Additional Files/Folders: Select a folder from the dropdown menu and select files or folders inside, then click Exclude Files/Folders button to exclude them. You can also enter file types to exclude all files of the type from the selected folder. Click the trashcan icon to delete files/folders from exclusion list.
Step 3: Perform the backup
Once you are done with the settings, click on Backup Now button to start backing up. You can choose to lock the backup, a locked backup can only be deleted manually.
- WPvivid Backup Plugin(Free and Pro) does not restore the .htaccess and wpconfig.php files as it can easily cause problems to restore the same .htaccess and wpconfig.php files on a different site. You should download and copy them manually as needed.
- WPvivid will exclude itself from a backup or migration. You can export the plugin settings from the old site and import them into the new migrated site on the plugin Settings page.
- When migrating a child theme that relies on the main(parent) theme. Make sure you also include the main theme if it is not activated.
- In order to successfully complete the migration, you’d better deactivate 301 redirect plugin, firewall and security plugin, and caching plugin (if they exist) before transferring website.