The backup not responding and backup timeout issue is mostly caused by insufficient server resources.
So, we would recommend you to try the following WPvivid Settings first,
In Backup Settings
- Uncheck the option of ‘Merge all the backup files into single package when a backup completes’
- Save changes,
In Backup(Advanced) Settings
- Check the option of ‘Enable Learning mode’ (for pro version only)
- Check the option of ‘Enable optimization mode for web hosting/shared hosting’(for free version only)
- Compress files every 100 MB
- PHP script execution timeout for backup 900 seconds
- PHP memory for backup 512 MB
Save changes and run another backup.
If the problem still persists, please also:
1. Check if the site is on a Litespeed server, as on a Litespeed server, in order to optimize the network, the server will kill requests that exceed a certain time, for example, 30s.
To do that, go to your website dashboard > Tools > Site Health > Info > Server(see the attached example screenshot)
If so, you can add the following rules to the .htaccess file to prevent Litespeed timeout.
<IfModule LiteSpeed> RewriteEngine On RewriteRule .* - [E=noabort:1, E=noconntimeout:1] </IfModule>
2. Please also make the following changes on the server side(reach out to your web host if you are not the server manger):
- Change the PHP max execution time in the php.ini file to 900s
- Change the memory limit the php.ini file to 512MB